Welcome!/Tere Tulemast!

In this blog, I mostly write in English, although when I write about things that may also be important for my grandparents, then I also translate my posts into Estonian.

Käesolev blogi on enamjaolt kirjutatud inglise keeles, kuid kirjutised, mis on mõeldud ka vanavanematele lugemiseks, on tõlgitud ka eesti keelde.

Quotes to live by

"Dream, risk, have fun and never regret!"

"The World is a sick place, a sick place indeed and it's getting worse not better! We, only we have the power to change it and if we have the power, then why not to use it?" - Peter Cox

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Nietzsche

Monday, August 18, 2014

Day #5: Bologna and frisbee in the park

Bonjourno!

We spent most of our third day in Bologna playing frisbee in a park and just enjoying the weather and our leisure time. / Meie kolmas päev möödus pargis lendavat taldrikut loopides ning lihtsalt ilma ja puhkust nautides.

I also had a chance to meet some really interesting people and had some nice conversations with them. / Mul õnnestus ka kohtuda mõne väga huvitava inimesega ning pidada nendega maha mõned vestlused.

But enjoy the rest of the writing! / Head lugemist!



In the morning, the girls were really taking their time getting themselves ready, so I managed to watch three James Bond movies – nice way to spend your morning :D. At some point around four o’clock, they had finally finished getting themselves ready and also the food they had prepared, was ready to be eaten. Therefore we packed our things (including a vegetable cuscus), took the bikes and started to move towards the park.

When we arrived to the park, we firstly met two friends of Flavia, named Alesandro and Davide  (not sure if I got the names written down right) and a bit later also met Rocco and two others, named Elisa and Jonathan. We unpacked our things and Flavia also put up her slackline. Then we ate and after I was full, I went to have conversation with Jonathan, who originates from the USA and is some kind of a spiritual guy here in Italy.

As he had his bible with him, we started to talk about it and as he learned that I study law, he recommended me to read a part from bible, called the letter to the Romans. Then we also talked about the idea of a best world and who is really eligible to rule. All in all, it was a nice conversation, where  I got some really good ideas. I especially liked the point he brought out from the bible about law, where it is supposedly said that law was made to show the Romans they could not keep it.  It is an interesting idea, worth some more reading about, as it basically says that we are fools if we think that we should follow all the laws and also that in this world, the ones who break the most laws, get the most riches. Give it a thought.

Later on Jonathan left and I saw that while I had had this conversation, the girls had drawn some really nice pictures. Shortly after that, Elisa also left and we started to play with Frisbee, then tried to learn how to walk on the slackline and finally, as it was getting nine o’clock, decided to go to home and eat. Rocco had to get his couchsurfers from the railway station and was not sure whether they would come to Flavia’s place later on or not, so he said bye.

On our way back, we stopped in a local Pakistani shop, which was one of the last that was still open, bought something to drink (for 8.50€) and moved on, towards home. As we arrived there, Rocco had also arrived there with three German girls named Ruth, Clea and Ann-Kathrin, all studying Psychology. They all came in and we ordered some pizza (we ordered two and paid 12€ for them) through a page called pizzabo.it, something that Estonian food ordering sites should copy. One hour  later they arrived, we ate and shortly after that I fell asleep once again, only to be waken twice – firstly to have a bite of tiramisu Flavia had made and secondly to say bye to Rocco and the girls.

All in all our expenses were the following:
* 8.50€ in the Pakistani shop.
* 12€ for two Pizzas.

= 20.50€ in total.

---

Thank you for reading and until next time! / Aitäh lugemise eest ja järgmise korrani!


Sander Gansen

No comments:

Post a Comment