Hi friends and all the other people, who have ended up here due to their wandering! / Tere sõbrad ja muidu tuttavad!
Almost one and a half month ago I promised to take up blogging again, but then I failed to live up to my promise due to some quite interesting times in my life. Now I will write about those times, which (un)fortunately have once again changed by today. / Kirjutan taaskord üle pika aja kõigest sellest, mis on viimase kuu aja jooksul juhtunud.
There has also been a change made in my blog. First I changed my background, but even more importantly I decided to make English the primary language in this blog. Yes, I will still keep writing in Estonian too, so my grandparents and other friends, unable to understand English, could read it too, but I will not translate all the posts into Estonian and if at all, then I will only try to make summaries of the English texts. / On toimunud pisikene muudatus ning edaspidi kirjutan ma vaid inglise keeles, kuid lisan alati alla lõppu ka eesti keelse kokkuvõtte, et ka mu vanavanemad saaksid lugeda mu tegemistest,
But now to the blog and the interesting times of the last one and a half month...
Girlfriend of a month
Maybe the most important thing that took my time last month was my girlfriend, Emily Künnapas, who unfortunately is now my ex-girlfriend.
Anyhow, as people could have read in my previous posts, then in the end of February I started to meet this one girl from my debate class. It was quite awesome but at the same time it was also happening on weird circumstances.
We met on my first day in Pärnu King Street Basic School, while I started to teach debating there and in a way we both felt some chemistry between ourselves. After the second class, we went home together, as it happened that she lived just across the street. One week after that we started to meet more frequently (read: every day after school) and by the fifth meeting we had our first kiss.
Then the thing continued on a rapid speed and on 18th of March I asked her to be my girlfriend (so far we had acted as a couple, but it was not official), although I was still feeling a bit uncomfortable as she was and is three years younger than me (three years might not be that much, but I would say you can still feel it, when you are major and she is under-age). Those were happy times - she spent many days at my place and I spent many evening at hers; I met her mom and stepfather, she met my family, including grandparents; we went to Tartu and Jõhvi. It was all great and maybe even too great, since I started to get used to her being younger than me and I started to act a bit too good and that's when the attraction started to fade (it all happened just as it is written in the books). Just some days before the one month anniversary I found out that she really is feeling colder than before and then I wanted to fix it on 18th of April - I think I almost fixed it, but then I had to go to Tallinn for another debate tournament, while she went to Paide... When we met again on Sunday, I found out some things and I could already sense that she wanted to break up; later on Tuesday we met again and broke up. We are still meeting every once and awhile, just to talk and have fun, but now we are nothing but two friends, not even with benefits...
So much for that, it was a good thing, while it lasted, but as it has now ended, I have to say, I kind of am relieved. And as some of my friends have said - time to start hunting again...
Work in a bar/pub
On 24th of March I decided it was time for me to try to work in a pub or a bar and I sent my Curriculum Vitae out to four different places, including Sweet Rosie and A.P.T.E.K.
On 25th of March Sweet Rosie answered and on 26th I went to talk to the manager - they took me to sample day and I worked there for two days in a row starting on 2nd of April. It was great experience and I got loads of TIP. Then they said that if I want, then the job is mine and on the evening of 4th, I was working again.
In the meanwhile, on my second day, there were two women, who liked my service so much that they gave me contacts of Lime Lounge, so I would also send my CV to there. Unfortunately they already had all the spaces filled and I could not go to work there.
Later Sweet Rosie has been asking me to go to work on some other days too, but so far I have had so much other things to do, so I have not managed to go there. Also two nights ago, while I was in A.P.T.E.K. one of the owners came to me and said they might still need me there.
Now I am waiting for her e-mail and I am also in a dilemma, whether to go to work in Rosie (who have sent me many e-mails already) or in A.P.T.E.K. or maybe I should not work in any of them as I still have quite a lot to do at school and this summer I might be really busy too + my parents offered me an opportunity to learn the program called Auto CAD and start working for them. If anyone has an idea, feel free to share it.
Debating
The previous month I have also been quite active in debating, as I have been to many competitions and I am also trying to coordinate one project called Debate@Europe.
First I have been training a lot myself and also been trying to give weekly debate lessons in Pärnu King Street Basic School.
Secondly I went to my first tournament of this month on 31st of March, which was a British Parliament format championships, where I did not get a great place, since I was late for the first day and did not go to the second day, as then my partner was also late (who wants to know why, should ask me directly). Although the good thing of that tournament was that on 30th of March, I was finally elected to be the coordinator of a project Debate@Europe, which I have now been coordinating for the last four weeks.
One week from that I had to go to Jõhvi to be the judge in Estonian High-school debating championships and to advertise Debate@Europe project. First we went to Tartu with Emily, as there was the Estonian School Students Council Union's General Assembly, where I had to attend as my last task as a International Relations Officer (I quitted due to having to choose between it or Debate@Europe). On Saturday morning we went on the bus to Jõhvi, where I was debating as a dummy team and just being a judge.
Then I had one week off, but on 19th of April it was time for me to go to Tallinn to debate in Estonian OPEN, an international tournament held in Estonia. On the first day, we just had some lectures and on the second day Ethel and I started to debate. On the third day, Ethel could not come to debate and so I was just helping others and debated as a dummy in the last round.
Right now I am now just training my kids to attend Estonian Basic-school Championships in debating and trying to coordinate the project Debate@Europe, where I wish you all to attend - at least those, who can debate.
On other notes
School is going just fine, as I managed to end the last period with A's, B's and C's, including getting B for my research paper on "Social Network Analysis based on Sütevaka" - if someone wants, I can share it, although most of it is written in Estonian.
I have made an decision, what to study after graduating - probably I will go to study biotechnology or something like that (right now I am reading about, whether to study bioengineering, bio technology or some other bio thing, so in future I could start researching fringe science) + I will continue to study psychology, philosophy, economics, management, law, politics, history and sociology on my own.
I also got an answer from Rotary and started to speak with a Taiwanese boy called Tony, who will probably come to Estonia in June and if all goes well, I will be going there in July or I also have one other idea, that I will be sharing in an independent post.
+ Today my grandfather is getting 70, so happy birthday to you and I wish you all the best, so one day you could be seeing and experience, what the future is going to be like for me (my wife, my children and my carrier).
Eesti keelne kokkuvõte
* Veebruari lõpus kohtasin ma oma väitlusklubis tüdrukut nimega Emily, kellega hakkasime aina rohkem ja rohkem suhtlema ning 18. märts astusime suhtesse (kuigi alguses ma ei tundud end liiga kindlalt, olles suhtes endast kolm aastat noorema tüdrukuga), mis kahjuks lõppes nüüd 24. aprillil.
* 24. märts saatsin ma oma CV mõnesse pubisse ning esimesena vastas Sweet Rosie, kuhu läksin juba 2. aprillil esimesele proovipäevale. Teisel proovipäeval tehti pakkumine minna tööle Lime Loungesse, kuna kahele kliendile meeldis mu teenindus väga - kahjuks Lime Lounges on selleks aastaks aga kohad juba täidetud. Sweet Rosies oli lahe ja sai päris palju TIPi, kuid hetkel pole seoses kiirete aegadega koolis ja väitlusmaastikul sinna tagasi jõudnud. Sel reedel tehti mulle ka pakkumine minna A.P.T.E.Ki proovipäevale ning eks ma lähen ja vaatan selle üle, kuigi hetkeks on juba dilemma, kas ma üldse see suvi tööle jõuan, kuna siia on tulemas üks vahetusõpilane Taiwaninst ning ma ise olen samuti juulis ilmselt Eestist ära. Kui aga minna tööle, siis on trilemma, kas minna Sweet Rosiesse, A.P.T.E.Ki või õppid ära programm nimega Auto CAD ja töötada hoopis vanemate firmas.
* Väitluses olen viimasel ajal palju treeninud ise ennast ning ka oma õpilasi Pärnu Kuninga Tänava Põhikoolis. Lisaks valiti mind 30. märts seisuga Eesti poolseks koordinaatoriks projektis Debate@Europe, mis tõttu ma lõpetasin ka töö Eesti Õpilasesinduste Liidu Rahvusvaheliste suhete koordinaatorina. Lisaks olen osalenud kolmel turniiril väitleja ja kohtunikuna: Briti Parlamentaari Meistrivõistlused; Keskkooli Meistrivõistluste III etapp ja finaal ning Estonian OPEN.
* Koolis läheb hästi ning hinded on enamjaolt A'd, B'd ja C'd, sealjuures sain ka oma uurimustöö "Suhtlusvõrgustike analüüs Sütevaka näitel" hindeks B (kui keegi tahab seda lugeda, küsige minu käest).
* Samuti olen jõudnud lähemale otsusega, mida edasi õppima minna ning ilmselt on selleks valdkonnaks biotehnoloogia või bioinseneeria, kuid ma jätkan kindlasti omal käel veel psühholoogia, filosoofia, majanduse, juhtimise, õiguse, poliitika, ajaloo ja sotsioloogia õppimist.
* Rotary vastas ka lõpuks ning nüüd kui kõik läheb hästi, siis juunis tuleb siia Tony, poiss Taiwanist ning mina lähen nende juurde juba juulis - kui kõik ei lähe hästi, siis selle kohta kirjutan ma eraldi postituse.
+ Palju õnne papa Valek, kes sa saad täna 70 aastaseks - sitkust ja tervist, et sa kord saaksid näha ja ka tunnetada, mis minust tulevikus saab (minu abikaasa, lapsed ja ka tulevane karjäär). Palju-palju õnne!
---
And that's all! / Ja see on kõik!
Best regards! / Parimate soovidega!
Sander Gansen
No comments:
Post a Comment